Wednesday 24 October 2012

chess piece drawing

  this is a scanned photo of my chess piece drawing.


this is a photograph that I took outside of my chess piece drawing.



this is a photo of my chess piece drawing on a copy stand.



 There are three different ways to photograph a drawing that I learned today and i'm going to talk about them. So the first technique that I used was that I scanned the drawing and I think it wasn't the best technique but it was ok because the scan came out a bit too bright because the scanner was too small to house the whole drawing and the cover would cut the page so we had to use a book to cover it so that might be why it is too bright. the next technique that I used was the outside photo and I personally like it more because it ended up to be not too bright and not too dark so I think that method was the best. the last technique that I used was using a photo stand to take the photo and that one to me was the worst because it shined too much on the left side and also it did the same thing on some other shinny spots.

Now to talk about the drawing in this drawing I used a pattern in this the pattern is thin line then thick line and continuously used that pattern. In the pattern in the thick line there is a value scale in it and it start's dark around the edge and continuously gets lighter until it reaches the chess piece. I was trying to create a good value scale in the background and it creates movement by leading the viewers eye from the edge of the paper to the chess piece. Also what leads the viewers eye to the chess piece is the background (the lines) because they are all progressively moving towards the chess piece. Also what is interesting in the drawing is that the circle is encasing the chess piece.























No comments:

Post a Comment